Thursday, November 6, 2008

Introduction to Guitar Info Bytes

Welcome to Guitar Info Bytes. Whenever I get a chance, I'll add some interesting info for guitar players. But first, you're probably wondering who I am, and why I am writing about the guitar.

My name is Michael Caroff. I've been playing guitar for more than 38 years. During that time I've written hundreds of songs, played in dozens of Top 40 bands in numerous styles, and a number of original bands (most were both). I also attended UC Santa Barbara where I studied music, and was a professional guitar teacher -- in two different stores -- for 7 years.

Currently, I play in a Santana Tribute Band called Savor. We've played all over southern California for the last 5 years. Pretty much everyone that has seen the band says that I sound more like Carlos Santana than anyone they've ever heard. What that means to me is not that I'm the best player in the world, it's just that I know how to get the job done.

So, in this blog I'll be sharing some of what I've learned about playing guitar in the last few decades. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: